2023-24 School Year Application
Posted: | Updated:
Skills Center in the 2023-24 School Year
Applications for the Seattle Skills Center’s school year courses will be available in late January 2023. The Seattle Skills Center prepares students for college, career, and life through advanced Career and Technical Education courses.
We have classes in a wide range of career pathways at several locations around the city.
Although Seattle Skills Center programs are available to all SPS high school students, typically our classes fit most easily into student schedules in 10th, 11th, and 12th grade.
Due to the challenge of scheduling 9th graders into our school year Skills Center courses, it is important that students wait until the beginning of 9th grade to work with their high school counselor before applying for a school year Skills Center program.
Summer classes, however are open to all incoming 9th through 12th grade students. The application will open in March 2023.
- Classes run 2.5 hours, Monday through Friday (early dismissal on Wednesday).
- Students earn three high school Career and Technical Education (CTE) credits.
- Some courses offer chances to earn math, science, fine arts, or English high school credit, dual college credit, and industry certifications.
- Some courses may lead to opportunities for internships, pre-apprenticeships, and apprenticeships.
- Students may take a Skills Center course at any location, regardless of the high school they attend.
- Transportation is provided to and from Skills Center courses from a student’s home school during the school year.
- Before you sign up talk to your school counselor to make sure the class fits your schedule.
Please let us know if you have questions about Skills Center classes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, and follow us on Twitter @SPSSkillsCenter for updates and photos.
Principal, Seattle Skills Center
School Year Course Descriptions
Daily Schedule : Monday-Friday, Full School Year, September – June
Course Schedule: Morning: 8:45 – 11:15 a.m.; Afternoon: 12:45 – 3:15 p.m. (2.5 hours per day)
High School Credit: Classes work best in 11th and 12th grader’s schedules. The Seattle Skills Center programs are 1.5 credits per semester, full year programs (3.0 credits). Learn about college credit: Seattle Colleges/Seattle Skills Center CTE dual/college credit course offerings.
Read full course descriptions on the School Year Classes page.
- Only students of Seattle School District can enroll in Seattle Skills Center courses.
- For school year courses, students must be high school students.
- Apply for only one course, unless special arrangements have been made with your school counselor.